Pizza Night will never be the same after you try this Super-Thin Pizza. I’ll be honest with you, I was always quite content with the traditional pizza that I had known as a kid. But when I tried this wafer thin and crispy pizza for the first time at Alto Palato restaurant here in Los Angeles, I was on a mission to try and find an easy way to make it at home. I discovered Lavash Bread at my local Trader Joe’s (love TJs!) and the rest is history.
Over the years, I’ve tried more than just the traditional Margherita pizza that we’re making today. Each one is fantastic! After you make the standard Margherita, start experimenting! Some of my favorite variations:
– Potato and grilled corn with a drizzle of Truffle Oil. Amazing! You can use a leftover baked potato and cut it in to small cubes or just use the small frozen cubed potatoes you’ll find in the breakfast frozen food section of your local grocery store. Grab some frozen grilled corn while you’re there and make it easy on yourself.
– Traditional Margherita pizza topped with an Arugula Salad that’s dressed with the Tiny Kitchen Big Taste Homemade Shallot Vinaigrette
– Grilled Shrimp with Feta Cheese
– Leftovers pizza! That’s right, use your leftovers. I’m serious….the sky’s the limit. Leftover Steak and Sautéed Mushrooms (slice the Steak into thin slices…and try topping it with a different cheese…how about Brie), leftover Chinese food (don’t use traditional tomato sauce), leftover Mexican pizza (add some jalapeños and make it spicy)! The possibilities are endless!
I know you’re gonna enjoy this one! Can’t wait for you to tell us about the Thin is In Pizza creation you made!
Thin is In Pizza
Thin and Crispy doesn’t even begin to describe this Margherita Thin Is In Pizza! Try Amazing, Awesome, Incredible, Stunning, Unbelievable. Simply stated, it’s darn good and addictive!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 1 pizza
- Category: Appetizer, Lunch, Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
SO WHAT YOU’RE GONNA NEED IS:
– (1) piece Lavash Bread (approx. 12” x 9”): Check your local Supermarket or Available Here
– (1/2) cup Tomato Sauce: Available Here or Recipes Available:
– Back to Basics Tomato Sauce: Recipe Available Here
– Best Tomato Sauce Ever!: Recipe Available Here
– (1) cup Pizza Cheese: Available Here
– (5-6) leaves Fresh Basil: Available Here
– (1) Tablespoons Olive Oil (optional): Available Here
– Olive Oil Cooking Spray: Available Here
YOU’LL ALSO NEED:
– Baking Sheet: Available Here
– Aluminum Foil (optional): Available Here
– Large Spoon: Available Here
– Sharp Paring Knife: Available Here
– Pizza Wheel: Available Here
– Pizza Stone (optional): Available Here
- Line Baking sheet with aluminum foil (option)
- Spray aluminum foil (or pan) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place Lavash Bread on pan and spray thoroughly with cooking spray. Flip over and spray only the edges.
- With a large spoon, spread Tomato Sauce evenly atop the Lavash Bread.
- Top with Cheese.
- Chiffonade 5-6 leaves of basil by stacking leaves, rolling them tightly and cutting the rolled leaves in 1/8 inch increments, creating 1/8 inch ribbons of basil. Top the pizza with a few of the basil ribbons.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 7 minutes. If you are using a pizza stone, slide it off the pan after about three minutes.
- Top with remaining basil and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil (optional).
- Cut into squares.