Click READ MORE for full Recipe.Print
Green Bean Tart
Puffy, crispy, cheesy, yum! This Green Bean Tart is guaranteed crowd pleaser!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hours 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 Tart
- Category: Appetizer
SO WHAT YOU’RE GONNA NEED IS:
– 1/2 sheet Frozen Puff Pastry: Available Here
– 3 ounces Havarti Cheese: Available Here
– ½ lb. Green Beans: Available Here
– 1 medium Shallot: Available Here
– 1 teaspoon Avocado Oil: Available Here
– (To taste) Salt: Available Here
– (To taste) Pepper: Available Here
– 1 Tablespoon Water: From the Tap
– Balsamic Glaze (optional): Recipe Available Here
YOU’LL ALSO NEED:
– Baking Pan: Available Here
– Silicone Baking Sheet (or Parchment Paper): Available Here
– Small Pan with Lid: Available Here
– Rolling Pin: Available Here
– Tongs: Available Here
– Fork: From your Kitchen
– Sharp Paring Knife: Available Here
Prepare the pastry.
- Thaw Frozen Puff Pastry sheet according to package directions (usually about 45 minutes).
- Roll out thawed Puffed Pastry to about 12 x 9 inches.
- Place rolled Puff Pastry sheet on Baking Sheet lined with Silicone Baking Sheet or Parchment Paper. (Note: a half-sheet pan will hold full Puff Pastry Sheet. If using quarter-sheet pan, cut the Puff Pastry in half to make two 6 x 9 sheets of Puff Pastry.)
- Score Puff Pastry about 1/2 inch from the edge with a small Paring Knife, creating a frame around the edge. Do not puncture Puff Pastry; only lightly score it.
- Inside the frame, poke the Puff Pastry with a fork about every 1/2 inch. This will prevent the Puff Pastry from excessive puffing inside the picture frame.
- Before baking the Puff Pastry, select one green bean to use as a template. Cut off one end of the green bean. Place the Green Bean inside the frame across the width to measure the perfect sized green bean. Cut off the other end and set aside (For quarter-sheet pan, about 5 inches)
- Bake Puff Pastry in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until light Golden brown.
Prepare the Green Beans and Shallot
- Bundle up and tap one end of the Green Beans so the all the ends on one side are even. Cut off that end.
- Using the template Green Bean, cut the other side of the bundled Green Beans t match the size of the template Green Bean.
- Peel Shallot and slice Shallot into rings.
- Add Avocado Oil to Pan over medium heat.
- Add Shallots. Add Green Beans.
- Season with Salt and Pepper
- Sauté until Shallots start to brown and Green Beans are a bright green color.
- Add Water.
- Cover the Pan and turn off the stove.
Put it together:
- On lightly browned Puffed Pastry, place Havarti Cheese inside the scored frame
- Place Green Beans one next to the other across the width inside the picture frame
- Top with Shallot rings.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for another 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted Puff Pastry is a dark golden brown. The Shallots and Green Beans may start to Brown.
Top with Balsamic Glaze (optional). Cut and enjoy!