This bold, rustic BBQ Chicken Pizza is easier to make than the cowboy campfire you have to build to cook it. So use an oven instead. And make sure it’s plenty hot! Yee Haw!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- Heat oven to 475°F.
- Cut Red Onion in half lengthwise through the root. Slice 1/8 in slices from half of the red onion.
- Roughly chop Cilantro.
- Roughly chop cooked Bacon.
- Slice Fresh Mozzarella into 1/4 inch slices.
- Remove Breast from Rotisserie chicken. Peel off skin. Cut Chicken Breast in half lengthwise. Turn Chicken Breast one-quarter turn and slice 1/4 inch slices across the grain. Marinate cubed Chicken Breast in about 1/4 cup of the BBQ Sauce.
Make the Pizza
- Spread Pizza Dough across light oiled Pizza Pan until it reaches your desired size and shape.
- Top with the remaining BBQ Sauce.
- Add the Fresh Mozzarella Slices.
- Add the marinated Chicken Breast, Red Onion slices, chopped Bacon and sliced Jalapeño Peppers.
- Bake at 475°F for about 10 minutes or until the toppings are thoroughly cooked and cheese has melted over the toppings. If using a pizza stone, slide it off the stone after about 4 minutes.
- Garnish with more sliced Red Onions and chopped Cilantro.