If you’ve ever make a cocktail before, I’m sure you’ve heard of Simple Syrup. Well, just as the name implies, it is simple to make…and syrupy in consistency. You can make a batch in advance and keep it in the fridge for up to a month. Simple as that! Now go make a cocktail to celebrate!
Yield 2 cups
If you've ever make a cocktail before, I'm sure you've heard of Simple Syrup. Well, just as the name implies, it is simple to make...and syrupy in consistency. You can make a batch in advance and keep it in the fridge for up to a month. Simple as that!
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- (1) cup Sugar: Available Here
- (1) cup Water: Just get it from your tap
YOU'LL ALSO NEED:
- Small Pot: Available Here
- Glass Bottle: Available Here
- In Pot over medium heat, combine equal parts water and sugar.
- Cook until sugar dissolves (Do not let it boil). Immediately remove from heat and let cool.
- If you are going to store in the refrigerator for longer than a few days, you should sterilize your jar and lid. You can so by submerging them (lid off) in boiling water (best method). In a pinch, you can also fill the bottle with boiling water right before filling it with sugar mixture. Pour boiling water over the lid too.
Store in fridge for up to a month.