Oktoberfest is upon us! It officially starts September 22, 2018. So fill your stein and join Erin Miracle and me in the Tiny Kitchen as we show you how to make one of her favorite German dishes, Schnitzel! Tender boneless pork chops, pounded thin and lightly fried to a perfect golden brown. It pairs perfectly with a good German beer…like a Spaten or Weihenstephaner …those are Director Dwight’s favorites. Prost!
Check out Erin Miracle:
– IMDB: https://imdb.me/erinmiracle/
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/erin_miracle/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/erin.miracle/
Yield 2 people
Whether it's Oktoberfest or not, Erin Miracle's recipe for Schnitzel is sure to make you proclaim, "Prost!"
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- (2) boneless Pork Chops: Available Here
- (1/4) cup Flour: Available Here
- (1) large Egg: Available Here
- (1/2) cup Breadcrumbs: Available Here
- (1/2) teaspoon Salt: Available Here
- (To taste) Pepper: Available Here
- (1) medium Lemon (for garnish): Available Here
- (2) Tablespoons Parsley (for garnish): Available Here
- (1) teaspoon Dijon Mustard: Available Here
- Vegetable Oil: Available Here
YOU'LL ALSO NEED:
- Frying Pan: Available Here
- Mixing Bowls: Available Here
- Plates: from your Cabinet
- Meat Tenderizer: Available Here
- Plastic Wrap: Available Here
- Fork: from your Utensil Drawer
- Sharp Knife: Available Here
- Place Boneless Pork Chops between two pieces of Plastic Wrap. Pound with flat side of the Meat Tenderizer until Pork Chop is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Create three stations:
- Place Flour on a Plate.
- Crack Egg in a large bowl.
- Place Breadcrumbs on a separate plate.
- Season each station with Salt and Pepper.
- Whisk Egg together with Dijon Mustard.
- Dip Pork in Flour on both sides. Shake off excess. Then, dip into Egg mixture until coated. Finally, coat with Breadcrumbs until evenly coated.
- In a Frying Pan over medium heat, add about 1/4 inch of Vegetable Oil. Heat to 330°F.
- Place breaded Pork carefully into the Oil. Fry until golden brown on the bottom. Flip and fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove and let cool on a paper towel or paper grocery bag.
- Serve with a wedge of Lemon and garnish with Parsley.