You can make a P.G.Q. (Pear & Gorgonzola & Quinoa) Salad P.D.Q. (Pretty Darn Quick). This quintessential salad will satisfy both the vegetarians and meat eaters in your life! Yum! Yum!
BTW: quin·tes·sence /kwin-ˈte-sən(t)s/ Quintessence means the most perfect or typical example of a quality or class. It was also the name of my Junior High Yearbook! Go Eagles!
PGQ (Pear & Gorgonzola & Quinoa) Salad
You can make a PGQ Salad PDQ. This quintessential salad will satisfy both the vegetarians and meat eaters in your life! Yum! Yum!
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- (2) cups Salad Greens (Baby Kale): Available Here
- (1) Pear: Available Here
- (1/4) cup Gorgonzola Cheese: Available Here
- (1/3) cup Quinoa (cooked): Available Here
- (2) Tablespoons Candied Pecans: Available Here
- Honey White Balsamic Vinaigrette: Recipe Available Here
YOU'LL ALSO NEED:
- Small Pot: Available Here
- Mandoline: Available Here
- Sharp Knife: Available Here
- Prepare Quinoa according to package directions. Cook in a little chicken stock or vegetable stock for added flavor. Let cool.
- Slice Pear super thin using a Sharp Knife or Mandoline.
- Cut the remaining Pear into small cubes.
- Arrange sliced Pear around the perimeter of the serving plate.
- Combine the Salad Greens, cubed Pear, 1/2 of the Gorgonzola Cheese, Quinoa with the Honey White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Toss salad until thoroughly mixed with the dressing.
- Top with the remaining Gorgonzola Cheese and the Candied Pecans.