Every time I order spring rolls at an Asian restaurant or those amazing Thai Lettuce Wraps at The Cheesecake Factory, I am reminded of how much I love Peanut Dipping Sauce. However, until recently, I had never thought about making it at home. I know I’m not alone on that.
See, I made Spring Rolls for the Tony Bennett concert I went to at the Hollywood Bowl last night. Side note: Amazing Concert…Dudamel, Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett! You can’t get better than that. I’ll tell you, that man has still got it…and he turns 91 in a couple of weeks! I thought he’d sing a handful of songs, but 90 minutes later, he covered all the hits. My new life goal: to be in concert at the Hollywood Bowl when I’m 90 years old. Hmmm…I guess I should start writing some songs. I digress.
Oh, yes, I made Spring Rolls for the concert last night. When I plated up some of the Spring Rolls with the Peanut Dipping Sauce for the girl I was with, she said rather surprisingly, “You made these!?! The sauce too?!?” It’s funny, I think we all (me included) have become resigned to the fact that salad dressings and dipping sauces are something you buy at the store. But, it’s amazing how easy and economical they are to make, and the taste is, I think, much better than you get in a jar. That’s why I’ve started sharing some Tiny Kitchen Big Taste homemade dressings with you…and now this Peanut Dipping Sauce, which goes great with Spring Rolls (wait until Tuesday, hint hint) and pretty much anything else you put it on. Soooo good.
I hope you’ll give it try and let us know what you think!
Peanut Dipping Sauce
Yield 1/2 cup
You may never think about making dipping sauces at home, but give this one a shot. It's easy, economical and it tastes great on everything you dip into it...even your finger. 😉
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- (1/4) cup Smooth Peanut Butter: Available Here
- (3-4) Tablespoons Water (more for natural Peanut Butter): from your tap
- (2) teaspoons Seasoned Rice Vinegar: Available Here
- (1) teaspoon Soy Sauce: Available Here
- (1) Tablespoon Honey: Available Here
- (1/4) teaspoon Ground Ginger: Available Here
YOU'LL ALSO NEED:
Small Bowl: Available Here
Mixing Spoon: Available Here
- Combine all ingredients except water in a small bowl.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Water and mixing thoroughly.
- Continue adding Water until desired consistency is reached (a little thinner than a creamy salad dressing).