Everything in life should be as good as Fried Pickles. Perfectly crispy. Perfectly crunchy. A little bit tart and a little bit sweet. Fried Pickles have it all…guaranteed to change the way you think of the dill pickle.
Yield 20 Fried Pickle Slices
Everything in life should be as good as Fried Pickles. Perfectly crispy. Perfectly crunchy. A little bit tart and a little bit sweet. Fried Pickles have it all...guaranteed to change the way you think of the dill pickle.
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- (1) cup sliced Pickles (about 20 slices): Available Here
- (1/4) cup Flour: Available Here
- (1/4) cup Corn Starch: Available Here
- (1/2) cup Water: from the tap
- (1 1/2) teaspoon Cajun Seasoning: Recipe available below.
- (To taste) Salt: Available Here
- (1) Cup Panko Breadcrumbs: Available Here
- Vegetable Oil (for frying): Available Here
YOU'LL ALSO NEED:
- Pot (for frying): Available Here
- (2) Mixing Bowls: Available Here
- Whisk: Available Here
- Measuring Cups: Available Here
- Measuring Spoons: Available Here
- Paper Towels: Available Here
- Fork: from your utensil drawer
- Thermometer (optional): Available Here
- Slotted Spatula or Spider (optional): Available Here
- Dry Pickle slices on a plate lined with paper towel.
- In a small Mixing Bowl, season the Panko Breadcrumbs by mixing them with 1/3 of Tiny Kitchen Big Taste Cajun Seasoning (the recipe is available at tinykitchen.net). Set aside.
- In a medium Mixing bowl, make the Batter by combining the Flour, Corn Starch, salt and remaining Cajun Seasoning. Give a mix and add the Water and stir with a Whisk until it is the consistency of pancake batter.
- Dip pickle slices in the batter until thoroughly coated. Allow excess batter to drip off.
- Place in the Panko Breadcrumbs until thoroughly coated. Place on a plate and finish the remaining pickle slices.
- In a pot, heat Vegetable Oil to 375°. Working is small batches, place a few pickles in the Oil and fry them until they are golden brown.
- Remove Fried Pickles from the oil and let cool a bit on a plate line with a paper towel.
Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce! Ranch dressing works great.
Yield About 2 Tablespoons
The Perfect Cajun Seasoning.
- 2 teaspoons Paprika: Available Here
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder: Available Here
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder: Available Here
- 1 teaspoon Thyme: Available Here
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper: Available Here
- 1 teaspoon Salt: Available Here
- (Pinch) Pepper: Available Here
- Mix all ingredients until combined.
Courses Spice Mix