I am in love with this Chinese Chicken Salad. That was true the first time I had my first bite of my first Chinese Chicken Salad when I began waiting tables at Stanley’s Restaurant in Sherman Oaks. If you read my blog for the Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette, you know that the Chinese Chicken Salad that they featured at the restaurant was a best seller. I would have table after table come in to just order that salad!
Today, I salute Stanley’s Restaurant’s Chinese Chicken Salad with a tasty version of my own. I took what I loved about the Stanley’s Salad and changed a few things, added a few other, including our own Homemade Tiny Kitchen Big Taste Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing.
Chinese Chicken Salad
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- Wash and dry Romaine Lettuce. Cut into bite-sized pieces and place in a Large Salad Bowl.
- Top with Shredded Coleslaw Mix (Cabbage, Purple Cabbage and Carrots)
- Shred the breast of a Rotisserie Chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the salad.
- Cut the whites of the Green Onions into small slices (1/8 – 1/4 incand add to the salad. Cut the greens of the Green Onions into really small slices (1/8 incand reserve to garnish.
- Julienne the Snow Peas lengthwise (matchstick-size pieceand add to the salad.
- Top the salad with Mandarin Oranges and Sliced Almonds.
- Place Crispy Wontons right in the center of the salad and top them with the reserved Green Onions.
- Sprinkle with Sesame Seeds
- Serve alongside Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette and toss at the table.