The Best Tomato Sauce Ever! (Oven-roasted)
Isn’t it great when the Best Tomato Sauce Ever happens to also be the easiest! You’ve got an hour. You’re hungry. Let’s Eat!
Servings: 4 servings
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- 10 Roma Tomatoes (small) http://amzn.to/2ixTliS
- 10 leaves Fresh Basil http://amzn.to/2jVF6AB
- 4 cloves Garlic http://amzn.to/2gRXyJa
- 2 Shallots http://amzn.to/2j0SR0p
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil (more to taste) http://amzn.to/2fMTfgW
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (more to taste) http://amzn.to/2ixZJGM
- To taste Pepper http://amzn.to/2gmtsQA
- Place 1/3 of the olive oil Heavy Baking Dish
- Take about 4 Garlic cloves (more or less to taste) out of the paper. Smash them with the flat part of the knife and add them to the Oil.
- Cut the ends off the Shallots. Slice the Shallots in half. Remover the outer skin and place cut side down into the Oil.
- Add your whole tomatoes.
- Season with Pepper and about 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Place another 1/3 of the Olive Oil on top of the Tomatoes.
- Stir Tomatoes until they're thoroughly coated in Olive Oil.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for about an hour or until the tops of the Tomatoes start to burn just a little bit.
- Transfer ingredients directly from the oven into a Mixing Bowl.
- Add remaining Oil, about 8-10 leaves of Fresh Basil.
- Mix with an Blender until you reach the desired consistency. (Caution: if you use a regular blender, the hot ingredients will build up pressure and could potentially make a huge hot mess. Be very careful, ensuring that the pressure does not build up in the tightly sealed blender.)
- Add more salt if necessary to bring out the flavor.
- Serve with your favorite pasta!
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 301mg | Potassium: 421mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1355IU | Vitamin C: 23.4mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.7mg