The Best Tomato Sauce Ever!
Yield 2 people
Isn’t it great when the Best Tomato Sauce Ever happens to also be the easiest! You’ve got an hour. You’re hungry. Let’s Eat! I’ll be over at 7.
SO WHAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IS:
- (8-10) small to medium Roma Tomatoes: Available Here
- (8-10) leaves Fresh Basil: Available Here
- (4) cloves Garlic: Available Here
- (2) medium Shallots: Available Here
- (1/4) cup (more to taste) Olive Oil: Available Here
- (1/2) teaspoon (more to taste) Salt: Available Here
- (To taste) Pepper: Available Here
YOU'LL ALSO NEED:
- Heavy Baking Dish: Available Here
- Mixing Bowl: Available Here
- Immersion Blender: Available Here
- Large Mixing Spoon: Available Here
- Sharp Knife: Available Here
- Place 1/3 of the olive oil Heavy Baking Dish
- Take about 4 Garlic cloves (more or less to taste) out of the paper. Smash them with the flat part of the knife and add them to the Oil.
- Cut the ends off the Shallots. Slice the Shallots in half. Remover the outer skin and place cut side down into the Oil.
- Add your whole tomatoes.
- Season with Pepper and about 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Place another 1/3 of the Olive Oil on top of the Tomatoes.
- Stir Tomatoes until they're thoroughly coated in Olive Oil.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for about an hour or until the tops of the Tomatoes start to burn just a little bit.
- Transfer ingredients directly from the oven into a Mixing Bowl.
- Add remaining Oil, about 8-10 leaves of Fresh Basil.
- Mix with an Blender until you reach the desired consistency. Caution: if you use a regular blender, the hot ingredients will build up pressure and could potentially make a huge hot mess. Be very careful, ensuring that the pressure does not build up in the tightly sealed blender.
- Add more salt if necessary to bring out the flavor.
- Serve with your favorite pasta!