Summer is in full swing and nothing beats the heat quite like a cool, crisp and refreshing salad.
I don’t know about you, but when I hear cool, crisp and refreshing, one word comes to mind: Watermelon. Hey, it’s not just a summertime snack anymore. We’re taking this all-time summer favorite and mixing it with a hint of mint and a touch of jalapeño. Top that with the coolness of feta cheese and a slightly tangy Homemade Citrus Vinaigrette and this salad just screams SUMMER! Pair it with a glass of Rosé…or maybe a Chardonnay or Viognier, and you’ll never want summer to end.Print
Arugula Feta Melon Salad
Beat the hot summer heat and dive into a cool, crisp and refreshing Arugula, Feta and Watermelon Salad. Add a touch of jalapeño for a little summertime kick!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 Salads
- Category: Salad
SO WHAT YOU’RE GONNA NEED IS:
– (2) cups Arugula: Available Here
– (1) mini Watermelon (about 2 cups cubed): Available Here
– (2) ounces Feta cheese: Available Here
– (6-8) leaves Mint: Available Here
– (1/4) Jalapeño (optional): Available Here
– Citrus Vinaigrette: Recipe Available Here
YOU’LL ALSO NEED:
– Large Mixing Bowl: Available Here
– Sharp Knife: Available Here
- Cut off rind of Watermelon and cut the meat of the Watermelon into 1/2 – 3/4 inch cubes.
- Finely mince Mint leaves.
- Cut Jalapeño half and remove seeds. Cut about 1/4 of the Jalapeño into 1/8 inch cubes.
- Combine all ingredients in a Mixing Bowl
- Cut Feta Cheese into 1/4 inch cubes and set aside.
- Lightly dress Watermelon mixture with Citrus Vinaigrette. Separately, lightly dress Arugula with Citrus Vinaigrette.
- To serve, place Arugula on a plate. Top with Watermelon Mixture. Top with Feta Cheese. Garnish with a mint leaf.